Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Absorbed

We're back from vacation and have jumped right back into everyday life.  It was so lovely to rest easy and take a break from the things that weigh on our minds and bodies day in and day out.  

I spent time curled up on the couch, or on the porch, or by the creek, being quiet and letting God speak to me.  It is easier at the cabin, I will say that.  But, He is always faithful to give me the words that I need to go into a day and grip His grace closely.  

"Those who weep or who rejoice or who buy things should not be absorbed by their weeping or their joy or their possessions."  

1 Corinthians 7:30, NLT

The word "absorbed" is what really stuck out to me.  

Lord, 

I don't want to be absorbed by the things and occurrences of this world.  

The only way for this to be accomplished in my life is to be ABSORBED in Jesus.  When I'm totally absorbed, the other stuff falls by the wayside.  

I don't deny that bad things and good things happen and that I have material possessions.  In fact, I have many very practical ties to this everyday world.  

My heart cries out for all of those things to be in their proper place, never usurping that hallowed position where my Lord belongs.  Everything else that falls under Him is filtered through the lens of loving Him and serving Him.


May I be totally absorbed in Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!