Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Moments of Peace

Mamas, we are so busy.

So, so, SO busy.  

Let us embrace the moments of peace amidst the lives we lead.  

During Fair week, the moments of peace hit me at the weirdest times.  


I've said before that my happy place during Fair week is, ironically, at the Gaga pit.  At the end of the day, I collapse on the bench and breathe.  

God speaks to me when I stop.  

It doesn't have to be in my favorite chair at home or on my porch swing.  I saw neither of these all last week.

Sometimes it was walking down from the horse stall we called headquarters all week.  

Sometimes it was at my favorite bench behind the small animal barn.  

It struck me that God speaks when I stop the noise and I listen.  

Those moments of clarity sustain us, mamas.  


They're worth far more anything else that energizes.  

"Man shall not live by bread alone... but by every word that comes from the mouth of God."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!