Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Choosing in the Moment

We had a lovely weekend of girlies in several different directions.

The Rugged Mountain Man had two of the Blossoms away at the cabin for pheasant hunting.  Blossom1 was away at a college group retreat.  That left Blossom2 and me holding down the fort at home.  We were on chore duty, plus there were college assignments and other obligations to deal with.  What a fabulous weekend for all though!  We mixed fun with the work!  

However a plan shakes out, we're striving to sip the joy from it.  

Blossom2 and I thoroughly enjoyed our time together, even if it meant I was responsible for feeding a boatload of rabbits.  We also tackled a few home organization projects that needed to be done.  

It's a constant conscious decision to keep caring for our home and homestead amidst all the other things that we have to do.  I'll say this, for how busy we are in this season, it makes me constantly stop and think, 

"What is the next most important thing that needs to be done?"

That's what I need to keep doing.  Choosing the most important rather than the most urgent.  

Spiritually.

Relationally.

Educationally.

Organizationally.

And I'm believing that He is giving me grace and peace to do this moment by moment.



Snapshots from a recent walk through our childhood park with my sister.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!