Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Mama is the Glue

We're just busy.  I plan and I plan.  And we're still busy.

I remember it being a lot like this when my brothers, sister, and I were this age.  We were just very involved in a lot of ministries and activities.  


That's a lot like where we're at here.

So, lunch and supper together are like glue for us.  Joking about who knows what, telling rabbit trail stories, and doing impersonations of random people.  

Just glue.


And Sunday afternoons with a football game and some Buffalo chicken dip.  We lounge about in crewnecks and leggings, with cookie dough in hand.  With feet up and books around and pillows near.

And morning devotions, with Kindles and journals, tea and favorite blankets.  We pray, then we linger and plan and figure out how we're doing life together today.

I do my best to guard these times.  I try my best to keep them pleasant.  


Sometimes mama is the glue.  

Sometimes mama is the one that gathers everybody around... 
calling that one Blossom from another room to be present too.


Sometimes mama's job is to plan supper for the time that is most convenient for the working Blossom.  

Sometimes mama makes the Blossoms set the table and wait til everything's ready, 
even when it's "just leftovers" and the microwave is getting its workout.

Sometimes mama has to make herself stop juggling just one more thing 
and be alert and attentive here and now.


Mama is the glue.














 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!