Monday, October 2, 2023

To the Lumber Museum

It's been a bit different with Blossom1 and Blossom2's college work loads.  They just aren't available for some of the extra curricular activities that we used to do altogether.  

They are having to carefully choose where their time goes.  I'm thankful that they are managing their time well, but I don't want the younger Blossoms to miss out on the things I did with the older Blossoms at this age.


My philosophy is something like my mom's was.  

If you don't have enough kids to take along, rent some.
(that's a joke)


If there's still space in your minivan, fill it.


The more, the merrier!

In any case, it's a super fun philosophy.

Another mom friend of mine and I loaded our minivans and took the younger halves of five different families to a museum detailing the Lumber boom. 


This is a quintessentially autumnal activity!

Peak foliage!

Pumpkin bread on a random bench!

Intriguing facts and artifacts.


Hoodies and jeans!


Low-lying fog.


And gratitude to be outside on a pleasant day.


Wait, I don't think I mentioned delightfully weathered old buildings against a palette of reds, golds, rusts, and aging verdure.

The kiddos asked lots of questions and experienced the grounds to the full.

When asked, I believe the camp blacksmith was their favorite of the day!


Sure, we missed having the older halves of these families around, because they're all such fabulous people! 

However, I truly enjoyed the relaxed time with my mom friend and all these younger ones.  


They are intelligent, vibrant, creative, and truly fun to be around.  

We wrapped up the day with a campfire picnic at my friend's camp.  The Blossoms and their friends ran around, hung out on the playground, played cornhole, and enjoyed a delicious lunch, complete with a generous helping of fresh air.  It was glorious! 


And the fun word games they played to entertain themselves in the van on the way home entertained even me!!

Truly, children (and fellowship) are a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!