Thursday, July 12, 2012

Happy - Conclusion

#13 - Happy is the woman who is reproached for the name of Christ.  I Peter 4:14
Wacky, you say!  While, as of yet, I haven't seen all-out persecution for Christ's name, there are subtle forms of it that I may encounter.  Since I love God, I love my husband and serve him in tangible ways.  Since I love God, I love my children and raise them in anti-worldly ways.  Inevitably, it makes a line in the sand.  I don't seek to broadcast how different my life is.  The Lord is helping me to mind my own business and lead a quiet life.  Sometimes though, a quiet life is really loud.  Like, really loud.  And, instead of being offended if people criticize or even if I think they don't approve (and are criticizing behind my back), I think I'll just be happy about it.  I'll be happy that God is working in my life and leading me to obey.  And, if that is something to be reproached about, GLORY to God. 

I really can't get away from happiness.  It isn't based in shallow nothing-ness.  It is real and it is found living for Him day-in and day-out.  I'm refreshed and my heart is light, just thinking about it.