Friday, November 10, 2017

Bring It!

Good morning, friends!

It looks like the real November weather is here to stay, or at least it has finally convinced me that summer is really gone and the temperate and scenic aspects of autumn are over as well.  As the Rugged Mountain Man fired up the wood stove for the first time, it triggered the mama-prepper in me. 

You know getting out the door with coats and shoes can be quite a process, so I had the girlies each pick a hat and gloves for each vehicle.  (They are more apt to wear them when I tell them to, if they choose them, though I always retain my veto power.)  I approved their choices and stashed them in our van and truck.  Those hats and gloves reside there all winter long.  Additionally, I grabbed hats and gloves for my man and me and stashed them too.  Since our hat and glove drawers are often exploding, even after I recently thinned them out, I was quite pleased that my winter prep had an added benefit - de-cluttering!  There was a much more manageable amount in the drawers afterward. 

Taking the preparations a step further, I rounded up a few warm blankets for re-homing in the back of our vehicles too.  This is the Northeast, ya'll.  It's cold and we should be prepared in the event of our vehicles breaking down!  I was also quite pleased to see that my linen closet inventory became more manageable as soon as I'd swiped a few for the vehicles.  De-cluttering is great, but sometimes you just don't have time to deal with what was culled!  I like it when de-cluttering is a surprising side benefit from another task.

'Tis the season for ice-scrapers too!  I dug them out from the garage and put them on the front lines. 

Part of a homemaker's job is seeing that her family is ready for the next season. 

Don't freak out, mamas.  That's not a guilt trip.  Snatch five or ten minutes and throw some hats, gloves and blankets in your minivan.  You'll be glad you did!

I'm heaving a satisfied sigh and saying, "Bring it on" to the cold weather now. 

Dominique

#mamalifehack