Tuesday, November 7, 2017

A Little Bit of Life Lately & Laughter

After a stressful evening on the phone battling customer service representatives that dearly loved their scripts, I've decided a little "life lately & laughter" is in order. 

When I was canning beets and beet jam, Blossom2 utilized the beet juice creatively the other night. She painted her entire face in a vicious war pattern while doing dishes and cleaning up the kitchen. I actually let her wear her Indian war paint for a couple hours before making her wash her face. I can't figure out if that means I'm growing or digressing as a mom.

Apparently, "we don't put rubber bands on our heads" is something I say now.  

Apparently, "we don't whittle in the house" is also something I say now.

You know you're a football family when you specifically go out to eat on Sunday afternoon because your teams have a bye and/or don't play til Monday night.

Also, you might be a football family if your 4 year old argues against bed time
because she's "missing the game."  

The thing that earned me the most super mom points lately is the fact that I gave the Blossoms a huge cardboard box.  They've been occupied for well over twenty-four hours now.  Though their fast food restaurant is pretty cool, I've personally been enjoying Blossom4's jack-in-the-box performance.  Who knew a box could be so entertaining?  And it was F R E E.


Coming in at a close second, I let the Blossoms and a friend make homemade wax and cotton ball fire-starters and build fires in the woods near their fort.  Since I supplied some marshmallows and later hung out near that fire, I also earned some pretty serious mama points.  The Blossoms are coming in to the house, filthy and smelling like smoke, but ecstatic over some concoction they've been cooking over their fire.  Now, THAT'S childhood, my friend, simple and endearing.