Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The Framework of It

"In the morning, when I rise, give me Jesus."  

(I've talked here and here and here about my other favorite morning quote.)  

Around here, mornings are only sometimes gorgeous sunrises and cuddly Blossoms.  Other times, they look more like rounding up ducks that mysteriously got out, discovering dog puke in the carpet and corralling hungry children kind of mornings.



No matter the day, my standard morning has this framework:

~ Make my bed.  It just makes me feel better and makes my room look cleaner.

~ Dress for the whole day.  I don't usually feel like getting dressed or putting on makeup, but that's the time I have to do it, so I do.

~ Drink delicious black tea.  I love lots of varieties, so whether it's Chai, English breakfast or Earl Grey, I have a hot cozy cuppa something in my mornings.  Sadly, Blossom4 likes to steal some of it once it has cooled off, so the phrase "good to the last drop," doesn't really apply to me.

~ Spend time with God - to read His Words, to pray, to listen, to think, to mull, to be still.

~ Journal.  I jot down thoughts, reflections, concerns, verses, events, feelings, desires, disappointments, sins, hopes, dreams, revelations, whatever comes to mind.  And, if I can think of nothing to write, I write at least one sentence that begins with, "Today I'm thankful for..." 

Dominique

PS - The ironic thing about this pic is that it's actually a sunset.  Never let the beautiful internet fool you.