Friday, December 7, 2018

Friday Lessons

While this week still feels a little too fresh to glean the lessons from, I need to do it.  I probably needed an attitude adjustment on more than one occasion over the last few days. 

When Daddy's away for hunting, things are harder and that is the truth.  We did try to make the best of it though. 


Lessons I've learned this week:

Quality time with the Blossoms is worth it, even when I'm fighting to smile through it. 

Blossom3 and Blossom4 were thankful for something as simple as baking a batch of cookies together.  In the end, it was so worth the mess. 


Early to bed, early to rise is best. 

Benjamin Franklin is still right.  This is something we generally do, but the holiday late nights were creeping in already and it hasn't really been great for us.  I'm glad that we're trending back to our consistent bedtime. 


Crankiness begets crankiness. 

If mama was struggling with her attitude, it's safe to assume that almost every body else fed off that bad attitude.  I'm not saying I've figured out how to stop the cycle, but there were times we needed a real reset this week.  Recognizing that mama is a human, just like all the little humans is humbling.  I'm pretty sure they already know mama isn't perfect though. 


Don't be so easily offended!


Why is it that when we're in need of an attitude adjustment, it seems that everything anyone else says or does is meant as an insult?  It's not!  Recognizing that is good for me.  I want to abound in forgiveness so "slights" roll of my back!


Looking at the end of this week, I'm thankful for another chance to grow, 


another chance to change, another chance to show love to my family in every day life. 

Dominique

Pics are from a favorite hiking and hunting spot; one that boasts working beaver dams!