Friday, December 14, 2018

Zero In

Today, I am thankful that I can be the one to say, "No, you can't do your reading with your sunglasses on... but the crown is fine."

There are other things that I'm thankful for lately too.  We have loads of Christmas festivities going on.  They've all gone well and we are enjoying the season with family and friends around. 


Christmas movies with cousins, tea with family and friends, welcoming Daddy home from the cabin...

Bowling with my brother, niece and nephew after a Bible Quiz match was a great way to spend a winter afternoon.  Aren't our feet just stylin?  I wish I could say I beat my teenage nephew.  Apparently I have only two modes - strike or gutter ball.  Not a thing in between!


Going to the ballet is a favorite winter activity that is sometimes coordinated with a Blossom birthday.  We've been wanting to see Nutcracker ballet for SO LONG.  December is the time to do it!


Imagine our delight in a show that was exquisite and music that was ethereal!  Getting to see a few friends dancing on the big stage too?  That was fantastic!


I was pleased that they all behaved very well during the performance.  Two plus hours is a long time for a five year old to sit very quietly. 

Afterward, we dashed off to the church Christmas party.  There was laughter and praying and smiles and hugs.  I'm still hungry for second and third helpings of that Buffalo chicken dip.

In a time of hustle and bustle, I'm choosing to zero in on the blessings.  Contentment only grows that way.


Dominique