Saturday, October 12, 2019

Is Bible Quiz a Good Idea?

With little to no previous exposure to Bible Quiz, I'm sharing my thoughts on what we've found to be a solid investment into the Blossoms. We're into our second season!

The Blossoms' coach supplies them with a monthly study sheet, which tells them what passages or questions to be working on each day.  This has lent itself to forming healthy habits.


I found that the girls tackled passages or questions daily, little by little, basically building in the habit of Bible study and mediation on His Word, in addition to their usual quiet time with God.

As you can imagine, studying their Bible Quiz material on a daily basis seems to be helping them develop better study skills.  I know this will also benefit them for years to come!


I've been super thankful for the time their coaches have put into preparing and working with the Blossoms and their pals.  They are being discipled - or mentored - by other Godly people.  By having these strong role models involved, I'm increasing their exposure to other people of like precious faith.  It's special to see them growing to appreciate these Godly women also.

In essence, Bible Quiz is just another form of discipleship.  It is teaching our girls how to be disciplined learners.  They get it at home and now they get it elsewhere too.

It's just another part of our "saturation plan."


At quiz practices and matches, we've enjoyed fellowship with teammates, other quiz teams, other members of local churches and staff from local churches.  The girls and I are enjoying these friendships.  They take time to develop but just having that opportunity to fellowship with like-minded individuals is exciting for us. 



I see parenting as heavy investment with future returns.  Lord, let it be so!

And, now, I'm on my way to another match.  I'm so excited to see the progress the girls' teams have made!

Dominique