Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Learning Contentment

Hello friends,

These are strange and uncertain times we are in these days, aren't they? 

Around here there is loads of white space in the family schedule and the Rugged Mountain Man has commandeered my laptop because he's working from home.  That really means that Jake and Rory no longer lounge around in the dining room, kitchen, or school room during our school day.  Instead, they are glued to our bedroom door, which is his temporary office; panting, pacing, and napping near it so as to ambush him as soon as he makes an appearance for more coffee.



This morning I reminded the Blossoms of Paul's words in Philippians 4. 

Being content is something that is learned.  That's a bit encouraging to me when I notice it doesn't come naturally to our girls.  This is a situation in which we all will learn a little more about contentment. 



Paul even says that he has learned the secret of living in every situation.  EVERY. 

I'm glad that it's possible for us to be content in this situation.  But how?  What is this secret?



Paul says he does it all in the Lord's strength.  



"...for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.

I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:11-13 NLT


We embraced a little bit of contentment with a walk/ride on a local rail trail, reveling in the sunshine and glittering waters.

Dominique

Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.