Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Bright Spots in the Flu

As you probably noticed in my Sick Day in the Life post, we've been... sick.  The flu worked its way through all of us.  In hard times, when I'm weary and discouraged, I like to dwell on the bright spots.  One day midweek, I jotted these down.  It helped me persevere through the sickness.


~ Friends dropping off milk and ice cream, just because our family needed a boost.  It was like a ray of sunshine on our evening!

~ More (round-the-clock!) closeness with my family.  Sure, we were sick and miserable, but at least we were there for each other.


~ Running into a dear friend in the waiting room at the doctor's office.  Her hug helped me grab faith and a healthier perspective when I was sleep-deprived and upset.

~ Successfully making delicious yogurt in my Instant Pot.... finally!  It was so nice to have nutritious snacks and breakfasts for whoever was currently hungry.

~ Everyone pitching in over the last two weeks.


~ The Mufasa bunny!  Just like during Blossom3's head injury, he made being sick, just a little bit better.  TV gets old.  Bunnies do not.


~ Squeezing in subs, chips and a family movie night when only one of us was down.

~ Daddy going to the feed store and doing the grocery pickup in my stead.  I can't say enough about how much I appreciated that.


~ LOTS of tea.  Scads of tea.  Myriads of tea!

~ Selling a leather jacket I'd thrifted a year ago.  I turned a neat profit!  Don't worry, I still have my favorite buttery soft caramel leather jacket.  Having that notification pop up on my phone was a fun little bright spot though!


~ Sunshine and spring weather on Monday.  We made it a point to get out and get some sunshine... and critter time.


~ Special read-aloud time with the Little Blossoms.  The Boxcar Children and Encyclopedia Brown got us through.  One night, in a desperate attempt to distract Blossom4 from the pain while the medicine kicked in, I broke out these vintage Christian Mother Goose favorites from the Rugged Mountain Man's childhood.  I read them a lot to Blossom1 and Blossom2 when they were little, so it was super special to read them to Blossom4, even if it was the middle of the night.


~ Seeing Blossom2 experiment with doll hairstyles.  Her new interest has the other girls into it too.  Now they have me doing creative new hairstyles on their hair!  It's just one more way to stay connected with my girls and that makes me happy any day.


You'll find that I've written about bright spots before.  I enjoyed rereading that particular post.  You might also.


Dominique