Tuesday, March 31, 2020

It Means...

Last Sunday, while the older Blossoms were having their youth group zoom meeting, I gathered around the island for tea with the little Blossoms.  We chatted about quarantines, hiking, coloring and hula-hooping. 

I began to ask a few questions about that morning's online sermon, which included fabulous points about what to choose over some of the challenges we face in our lives these days. 



"He talked about choosing something else over panic.  Do you remember what it was?"

"Prayer!" they replied in unison. 

"And we can choose worship over something.  What was it?" 

"Worry!" they said.



"Hmmm, there was another one, but I can't remember what it was.  Do you remember?"

"Oh, it was to choose faith over fear!" Blossom3 answered.  I'm glad she remembered, because I had totally blanked out on it.

By this time, Blossom4 is slurping tea and fiddling with her donut, but I thought the last point was the hardest to remember and perhaps the most difficult to apply in our daily lives. 

"And the last one was to choose service..."

"Over selfishness!" Blossom3 finished.  I was surprised, but did she understand?

"But what does it mean to choose service over selfishness?" 



Blossom3 pensively sipped her frothy tea before replying,

"It means, don't hog all the toilet paper.  
Make sure there is enough for others."  

Dominique