Friday, July 24, 2020

In the Woods the Other Day

It wouldn't be summer without some cabin time for us.  


Sometimes, it's just for the day and and sometimes it's for the week... 
and sometimes, it's just a quick overnight... 


When I convinced my husband to do a quick overnight trip, I had to remind the Rugged Mountain Man that the Blossoms can pack for themselves now.  Once upon a time it took an entire day or more to pack and more than that to put stuff away.  Seasons change, mamas.  This time, the girls were packed, working on my list, and ready to head out before I was even ready to go!


We spent the few nighttime hours before bed lounging around the cabin, eating our traditional arrival night popcorn and reading.  


Then, we rose to the glorious deep woods morning noises, feasted on bacon over the fire and set about doing cabin-y things.

Like hiking barefoot...

Actually, that was just Blossom4.  Don't ask me why.  She marches to the beat of her own drummer.


Of course, we went creek-walking, whilst reveling in the exhilaration of exploration. 

Blossom3 spent time fishing.  She loves it more than all the other girls do.

Blossom2 just wanted to swim.  And read.  And swim.  And maybe go swimming.  
And did I mention swimming?


Blossom1 spear-headed a waterfall debris clean up at our favorite little jaunt spot.  


I relished the analog time, while absorbing the music of the creek.  


We even worked on a very important life skill ~ skipping rocks!  
It seemed vital to me!  


We drove home, tired but refreshed.