Tuesday, July 14, 2020

What We See Today

One evening last week we were all hanging out in the back yard, tossing the football around.  We've found it to be a relaxing summer family activity. 

Blossom4 decided to go after the same ball that was thrown to Blossom3.  She tackled her older sister from behind and as we watched in horror, Blossom3 fell backward onto her younger sister, bending her neck and back in half backward all the way down to her legs and the ground.  The Rugged Mountain Man and I ran toward her as she cried out in pain and anguish.  We knew not to move her.

I was certain we would be calling the ambulance for a severe back and neck injury. 

The Rugged Mountain Man later said, "That looked bad, really bad." 

Then, Blossom4 got up and walked back to the porch, completely fine.  


Friends, I have never witnessed an injury of that scope, in all of my parenting and in all of my years doing and coaching gymnastics that ended like hers did. 

To watch our littlest Blossom get up and walk away, I was thoroughly awestruck. 

I've oft heard strains of "Why doesn't God do miracles today?  Why don't we see the miracles of old?" 

To this, I reply, firmly and fully convinced, "We do." 


Dominique


PS - This is a pic my sister snapped of my nephew at the lake with me.  When I look at pics like this, it makes me think of how small I am/we are and how big God is.  That's why I thought it fit a post about miracles.