Tuesday, November 24, 2020

The Arid Dome - a Pictorial Tour

I mentioned somewhat recently that we visited Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory, aka the Domes.  You can check out the first Dome here.  

I thought you might enjoy taking a gander at some of the beauties inside.


I mean, a desert isn't exactly the place where you'd think you'd find something pretty.


Grandma, the girls, and I were enthralled with the cacti,


This one was super high!


I found myself enamored with the succulent beauty and 


glorious patterns that we observed.


It was hard to tour the Arid dome, or any of the Domes, slowly.


A full acre of plants we rarely see produced the kid in the candy shop kind of effect on us ~


trotting about from hither and yon, 


exclaiming with glee over each shade,


texture,


and hue.


We willed ourselves to slow down


and savor the intricacies of Arid flora.


What memories we made!


Dominique



Find other pics here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!