Tuesday, January 12, 2021

The Third Installment

Good morning, friends.

I hope that you've had some time to mull over rejoicing in our confident Hope and being patient in trouble.  There are times that we need big picture instruction and there are times that we need baby-sized practical steps.  Romans 12:12 was somehow a little bit of both for me. 


"Rejoice in our confident hope. 
Be patient in trouble, 
and keep on praying."


When I got to "Keep on praying," I felt a bit convicted.  I was discouraged.  I had allowed impossible situations to grind me down.  I stopped praying about them.  


My job isn't to fix the situation though.  That responsibility does not rest on my shoulders!

When things look bleak, PRAY.


"Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation..."
Mark 14:38a, NLT

The times of discouragement, the times of despair hold temptation ~ temptation to give in or give up.  This is why it's vital to keep on praying!  Might it be that prayer is an aid in our escape from temptation?

How many times have I eased off praying because the situation improved.  My attitude can be something like "Ok, God, things are better now.  Thanks for that.  We're good now." 

NO!  Keep on praying!  

Am I really trusting God with an entire situation ~ from start to finish?   

He holds it all in His hand.  All of it.  Beginning to end.


Friend, let's keep on praying!

Dominique


Pics from a recent afternoon exploring the Lake.


Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!