Monday, January 4, 2021

Welcome, 2021!

Happy New Year, dear friends!

I'm so thankful for this fresh start and the many blessings that I'm savoring from 2020.  

I wrote a few thoughts back in December about some words that were giving me strength. With a clean slate upon us, it seems that this is my game plan for 2021.  Sometimes the Lord presses something strongly upon my heart and this was loud to me one day in the midst of discouragement.  

The hope-filled words of Romans 12:12 felt so much like a step-by-step guide that day for me.  Recently, it has seemed even more applicable for walking through life in 2021.  

"Rejoice in our confident hope..."  

Friends, Jesus is my confident Hope.  It truly matters not what comes each and every day.  No fear is too big for him.  No worry is too pressing.  No problem is too big or too small.  The Hope of loving and serving Him in this day and age and then, on into eternity, is what goes beyond ups and downs, moods, attitudes, circumstances, problems, all of it.  

The Hope doesn't come though if He is just a satellite of my life, or just an afterthought.  Jesus isn't one of the many things I do.  He's the hub of the wheel; everything else flows from my relationship with Him.

He is my Constant.  He is always, always, always faithful. And, each day this year, I choose to rejoice in my confident Hope.

More thoughts on this soon.

Dominique

The pics are from our quick drive up to the cabin for necessary winterization.  The little Blossoms were appalled that we forbade them from swinging on the rope swing.  




Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!