Sunday, March 28, 2021

When God Sent Me Flowers

Last Friday, I was standing in a park, chatting with my sister and a friend about spring, whilst the Blossoms and Sprouts ran and played or sat and chatted.  I commented on the beautiful willow trees there.  They're always the first green trees, heralding spring like no other tree can.  The conversation moved on to pussy willows ~ so ultimately springy, yet I've never actually had any before or seen them in person recently!  And then, the conversation moved on and we resumed counting Blossom and Sprout heads as moms do at parks.


The following Tuesday, I was out running errands.  I had several stops to make. Errands always multiply.  On our last stop, I dropped by the library to pick up some books for the girls.  


As I waited outside, I made a passing comment to a lady on what a beautiful spring day it was.  Walking to the parking lot, we kept the small talk going on how spring can sometimes be somewhat brown and ugly, just like my yard is.  Mud, mud, mud.

Her yard is an enviable carpet of purple crocuses, with a single golden crocus in the center.  It sounded so lovely to me and I was naturally exuberant in my response.  

She thanked me for the nice conversation and we each got into our vehicles, preparing to drive away. 
 
Until I heard, "MA'AM, MA'AM, MA'AM."  She was waving me over! 


Although a little confused, I rounded the corner to her SUV to see her presenting me with an enormous bouquet of pussy willows, tied with a bronze ribbon.  

For a second, I had no words.  We hadn't even been talking about pussy willows.  

I KNEW where the pussy willows were from. 

Straight from God.  

Heaven sent... and I told her so.  


God heard my conversation last week and out of all the people I passed in my errands on Tuesday, 
I "just so happened" to cross paths with her.  

A lady who "just so happened" to be picking pussy willows with a friend.  

A lady who "just so happened" to have a bouquet of pussy willows in the back seat of her SUV, parked at the library beside my van.  

A lady who "just so happened" to think that sharing a bouquet of pussy willows with a perfect stranger wouldn't be weird.

That's too many "just so happeneds."  


It was all God, of that I am certain.  

For the rest of the day, I was tearing up each time I glanced into the living room.  He showed His care for me.  I felt cherished and cared for in the Almighty's hand.  

I serve a God that's so big, He orchestrates the minutia, 
even to a few springy pussy willows mentioned in passing conversation.

I'll always remember that Tuesday, 
when God sent me flowers.

Dominique



Blossom4 was just as excited as I was.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!