Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Those Words Though

There seem to be seasons of conviction for me.  God works on one area and then turns His attention to a different area.  He is never done with me!

He speaks through His Word to me, through the wise words of family and friends, through a sermon, through His still, small voice as I wait in silence in my times of quiet.  However He brings it about, my heart is continuously open to His molding.

We're studying Proverbs in our Ladies' Bible Study and a friend mentioned that she really like The Passion Translation.  I sailed over to the chapter we'd just completed on Thursday night and meandered down through the familiar words.  

I didn't get very far.  


"Respond gently when you are confronted 
and you'll defuse the rage of another.
Responding with sharp, cutting words will only make it worse.  
Don't you know that being angry can ruin the testimony of even the wisest of men?"

Further down,

"When you speak healing words, 
you offer others fruit from the tree of life.
But unhealthy, negative words do nothing but crush their hopes."

Proverbs 15:1,4

There are ups and downs in family life, mountains and valleys.  Sometimes in them, it's harder to be gentle, to speak healing words.  I'm finding the Holy Spirit prompting me to speak gentler, to focus hard on the quality of what I'm saying and the life and love that flows through those words.  

God can do mighty things through the words of a mama.  As He works on me, I'll keep mulling over these verses.

These pictures are from my kayaking adventure with Blossom1.  We saw otters frolicking about in the lake and observed mergansers, eagles and heron amongst a charming low-lying fog. It was magnificently splendid and we cherished the peace together.  

Teenagers are good company; I don't care what anyone says!



All Scripture quotations are from The Passion Translation®. Copyright © 2017, 2018, 2020 by Passion & Fire Ministries, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved. ThePassionTranslation.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!