Friday, July 19, 2013

What can I do?

Everybody wants something from Daddy.  At work, they want reports, they want questions answered, they want advice, etc.  At home, the Blossoms want Daddy's undivided attention.  They want his help catching the baby bunny under the playhouse.  They want to tell him how they shot at Grackles today with their BB guns.  They want to show him their toad, "Lightning" or "Thunder," (depending on which Blossom you ask).  Mommy wants to recount her whole day to him in the first few minutes that he's home.  All day, Daddy give-give-GIVES.  Good man.  Good habit.  I put myself in his shoes and think WOW.  What can I do to give to Daddy?  This isn't a post about 25 Stellar Things You Can Do to Knock Daddy's Socks Off.  Nope.  It's the little things I'm talking about.  I stop and think about how better to create a soothing atmosphere when Daddy gets home.  Is there something I can tidy up?  What's the first thing he sees when he opens the door?  Is there a task that he just hasn't been able to get to that I could cross off his list by rearranging my priorities?  Is there something little the Blossoms can handle for him?  I refuse to become so numb with life, that I forget about serving my husband.