Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Now I've been there, done that...

There's lots of things that I have experienced... and then, evidently, there are things I haven't yet experienced.  Today, I experienced a new one.  I was on the phone, doing the nice, motherly sort of thing of arranging piano lessons for Skeeter.  "Yes, my name is blah, blah, blah and my phone number is blah, blah... b l a h.......

SMASH. 
Broken Glass. 
Sobbing Baby Sweet Pea. 
Scared Scooter. 
"Oh my goodness, are you ok, Scooter?" 
"Um, excuse me, sir, can I call you back?  We have broken glass here!" 
"Sure, no problem."

I've never done that before - had to interrupt a phone call for that kind of experience. Baby Sweet Pea was quickly reassured that although it was a scary sound, she was really ok.  Scooter was reminded that it was an accident.  Skeeter and Scooter were told to run and get flip-flops to keep on their feet, while Mommy cleaned up the broken glass bowl and then, calmly called the piano guy back.  He was glad to hear that no one was hurt.  Never a dull moment here!  I want to handle every situation with grace.  May He help me to do so.