Monday, October 10, 2016

C'mon and Color, it's Fall!!

With the onslaught of colder weather, I've been able to pick up my doodling again. 

 
I loving occupying my hands with a fountain pen and some doodle inspiration
while I watch a football game with the Rugged Mountain Man. 

 
Throw in a cuppa tea and that's a recipe for a delightful fall evening. 


I preach "Steady plodding makes good progress" A LOT here.  I'm pretty sure the Rugged Mountain Man first said it to me when we were dating, probably in the context of the youth ministry I was leading at the time.  It's a concept that's proven true and valuable countless times since then. 

 
as her email tag line.  It makes me smile every time I see it.
 
 
It captures the craziness of motherhood,
while admitting the redemptive qualities that we love about this child-rearing gig. 

 
Nothing brings all of our girlies together as quickly as coloring does. 
No matter the age difference, we enjoy coloring together. 
I like that they are coloring wholesome words too;
perhaps dwelling on them as they add their touches to the page. 
 
Take a moment to snag a coloring page and sit down with your young'uns this evening.