Thursday, September 7, 2017

Throwback Thursday - Reptiles and Budgies

How's this for Throwback Thursday?  Along with a bunch of pals and a cousin or two, my girlies and I ventured out on a field trip in May... yes, May.  Even though that was "light years" ago, I've been wanting to share a few of those snapshots with you.  I adored the parakeet exhibit because the wide array of colors were so beautiful.  Plus, the whole exhibit brought back memories of my sister's pet parakeet, Festiva.  He provided loads of entertainment for us in our growing up years!


Other than that, I thought you'd enjoy the "scenery" as I share what I've been brewing on lately.


I'm finding that a large amount of happiness depends on contentment.  This should come as no surprise, as "Godliness with contentment is great gain."  


Living for Christ has its own rewards. Most notably, I think realizing that this world isn't "it" is one of the largest rewards.  


I forget and sometimes I succumb to the deceptive thoughts that this world is all there is.  The pace of the American life pulls quickly and strongly.  I forget and I run on the hamster wheel, just like everyone else.  


It's continually turning my heart toward Home that keeps Eternity at the forefront.  

My morning quiet times are essential for maintaining an Eternal mindset.  


Couple that with contentment and I live a rich life.  Humbly I share that, mostly to remind myself yet again of the richness and the beauty of this daily life.  


Contentment is reveling in the ordinary.


Contentment is retaining joy when things are haywire, when things are breaking, when texts are flying, when emails are pouring in, when the doorbell is ringing and your kids are dumping water on the floor in the name of a tea party.  


Contentment is dealing with your kids' mysterious attitudes and being glad you're the one dealing with them.  


Contentment is seeing your home as a haven and not a prison.  


Contentment is feeding your crew, without slamming the pots and pans.


Contentment is making lemonade out of the lemons that roll through your life.


Contentment is embracing being Godly in this "mundane" life and soaking up all the joy that is there as a result.  


I can't seem to separate Godliness, contentment and joy, but I'm savoring it.


Thanks for listening to my thoughts and perusing a Throwback Thursday post. 


Dominique