Friday, February 9, 2018

In My Comfy, Cozy Corner

"How do I behave submissively to the Rugged Mountain Man today?"  


I think on this often.  I'm profoundly interested in anything that makes me the kind of wife outlined in the Bible, a virtuous women who helps and blesses her husband.  

In my comfy, cozy corner, I sat sipping tea and mulling over the day ahead; how to meet it with a good attitude, how to be obedient to the Lord in every part of it, how to be joyful through whatever we ended up doing on this particular day.  I wrote in my journal,

"Maybe submission is as simple as being flexible.  
Actually, it is probably, and more accurately, 
being happily flexible."

In this I can surely grow.  Indeed there are ample opportunities in a day for flexibility toward my husband.  He might need my help with a project.  He may remember something he needs me to do.  He may want to change our plans.  He may be quiet when I feel like talking.  So many moments for me to be happily flexible.  Choosing to grow in those moments and relying on His grace to pray,

"Lord, please help me to be happily flexible... today."

Dominique

These snapshots are from our recent visit to NYC, where we meandered through St. Patrick's Cathedral.  More to come soon, I hope.