Friday, February 2, 2018

Life Lately - Winter Evenings

I noticed the Game Commission took a bear trap up to my neighbor's house the other day.  I don't think they've trapped Ugly Ted yet, but I'm hopeful.  I'm also relieved that a solution is in the works.  It's a bit unnerving to have bear sightings during the afternoon, when your children are out playing.


The Sleeping Beauty ballet was lovely.  Blossom3 and I immensely enjoyed the graceful dancing, superb choreography, rich music and amazing skill of the ballerinas.  It was also very pleasant to run into some friends there.  Blossom3 was tickled pink to be able to drink an entire cherry and blue razzberry slushy on the way home, without having to share with anyone.  Sure, she didn't fall asleep quite as quickly when she crawled into bed, but her shining eyes and special smile were worth it.


The evenings have been so cozy here lately.  The Blossoms are on a watercolor streak, so the dining room table is now littered with amateur landscape paintings.  One of the girlies was inspired by a book about miniatures and is dabbling in clay too.  Yep, those are also drying on the dining room table.  Blossom3 received a fleece tie kit for her birthday, so she's been plugging away at that.  It's like the Rugged Mountain Man says, "Crafting is a winter sport!"

I can't reiterate enough how much that 7:30 nightly all hands on deck cleanup is making a difference in our lives.  I feel like our days have been more productive because we're spending our time on the tasks of this day, rather than always catching up from yesterday.  Even the Rugged Mountain Man noticed.  I also rewarded the Blossoms with a token or two for their prolonged efforts in keeping our home tidy.

I'm looking forward to a pleasant weekend.  Tomorrow I may get to learn how to butcher a pig.  Ironically, I'm (strangely) excited about possibly adding this new skill to my arsenal.  We'll have some more family and Daddy time today too.  What a blessing family is!

Keep the faith, friends!

Dominique