Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Let's Trek

Throw some stuff in the back of the truck and let's trek to the cabin for the day!


Of course, I forgot the graham crackers.  My trusty Dollar General was out because every other mom in the county forgot too.  We had to improvise.  It was vastly unfortunate, as you can see.


Love abounds at the cabin.


Blue skies and green leaves do too.


This year, tadpoles do too!  I was mystified by the millions of tadpoles we saw there.  It was highly unusual!


We meander.  We wander.  We traipse.


And we breathe deeply and experience it all.

Especially the salamanders and the puddles.



I notice nothing, and anything, and everything.


Exquisitely.


And I remember, instead of forgetting.


I remember what is important.  


I remember to breathe.  


I remember to savor.


I remember to marvel at the goodness of God.




1 comment:

  1. I love this! Especially the line, “ I notice nothing, and anything, and everything. Exquisitely.”

    ReplyDelete

Leave a thought or two!