Friday, July 14, 2023

When You See a Free Sign

Does anyone remember the time God sent me flowers?  It's the story of the pussy willows from a random stranger.

It's all these "just so happened" things that really didn't just so happen.  It's a story about the little things that make it impossible for me to ignore His hand in my daily life.  

I've been wanting a hydrangea bush for a couple of years now.  We had a beautiful one growing up during my little small-town life and it's remained iconic in my mind.  Every time I pass a hydrangea bush, I'm astonished at how expensive they are and I've chosen to forego purchasing one in lieu of other more important things... because that's often what moms do... again and again and again.

Today, I was driving the Blossoms to the pool.  I saw a "plant" sticking out of a garbage bag with a free sign on it.  Free signs are so ridiculously tempting to me!  Being in a hurry to meet up with friends at the pool, I said,

"Gals, we'll pull over if it's still there on the way home."

It was... and when Blossom1 was lugging that garbage bag into the van for me, (they're used to such things), she said in an awe-filled voice, "Mom, there's a little sign on it."

"Hydrangea Bush"

"Blue?"


And now it reposes right next to the front steps.  

Thank You, Jesus.  You just know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!