Wednesday, April 10, 2019

What's "Normal" Around here

Today I:

~ "interrupted" school work to go pick up Bantam chicks for 4-H show animals.

~ trusted the girls to pick chicks based on their markings because the hatchery mixed all the black chicks together.

~ helped the girls sell handmade catnip sachets to a repeat customer we saw when we were out and about.

~ watched Blossom3 do schoolwork with a two week old chick perched on a tissue on her desk.

~ observed Blossom1 soothe said chick with her piano arrangement she's practicing for an upcoming performance.  Apparently, "Sparkle" prefers "The Last Rost of Summer."  I can hardly blame her.

~ tried two new kinds of black tea, including a Christmas blend.  I know it's April, but why does that matter?

~ gave my very honest opinion on chick and baby bunny names.  I love naming things, almost as much as they do!  If any of them turn out to be males, I'm pulling for "Mr. Rochester."

~ was explaining a high school concept to Blossom1, only to turn back to assisting Blossom4 with her schoolwork.  She sat there, calmly waiting, with a pencil hanging out of her nose.