Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Last Week

The CHAP convention is a very busy week/weekend for me.  This year, we tacked on two extra days of the girls visiting Grammie and Pappy.  That meant that I was on critter feeding duty!  Yep, so while I had a lotta peace and quiet, I also had a whole lotta animals to feed!  It took me about an hour each morning.  

I also spent a whole day painting doors!  Very exciting, I know, but I really wanted to paint the rest of the doors in our bedroom.  Whilst painting, I previewed books and listened to book reviews on YouTube, in an effort to check out some other books and authors.  

I also listened to some 2019 Christian music playlists, perusing artists for more good music.  I like to keep good media in our girls' minds and hearts and that requires work and research on my part.  


After a thorough inventory of our school room, curricula and art supplies, I had my convention agenda all mapped out.  The days start early at the convention and I wanted to be prepared.  

At the end of day #1, I was positively exhausted.  

Walking, thinking, talking, asking, walking, looking, listening, walking, more walking...


I really loved having my Mom all to myself.  She helps me think outside the box, talk through options and stay calm.  After a late supper of wings and sweet potato fries, I spent more time looking over and sorting all the information I'd gathered.  Mom had gone to bed earlier and when I finally crawled into bed, I heard her quietly say, "...In Jesus' name."  When asked, she told me that she was just praying for me to have peace.  

Perhaps you can imagine what that meant to me.  

I'm spending two days researching, asking questions, purchasing curricula and generally planning another year of the education of our four Blossoms.  Looking at high school and college education information was also weighing heavily on my mind.


Thank God she is in my corner!

Plus, she is always a willing accomplice in ice cream escapades!


I'm thankful to be back home with solid decisions made.  

Dominique