Friday, September 27, 2019

Is It Indoctrination?

When I reply to some that we homeschool, I am sometimes met with this "argument,"

"Oh, you're just trying to indoctrinate your kids."

To which, I have often thought,

"If you don't indoctrinate your kids, somebody else will."

And believe me, they will.

For a long time, I have not shied away from the idea that we indoctrinate our children.  I admit it openly.

Yes, I am doing my best to put in and pass on doctrines that we hold dear.  However, I realize that many can not get past the negative connotations of indoctrination. 


I like to think of it as saturation.

We are saturating our Blossoms in what makes us tick.  We sing about it.  We listen to it.  We talk about it  We live it.  We interpret our lives through its lens.  All day long.  In the morning.  Over breakfast. At lunch.  At supper.  In the van.  In the hard times.  In the happy times.  In the confusion.  Through the chaos.  When we discipline.  When we go.  When we stay. 

This home life is a saturated life. 


Dominique