Friday, September 20, 2019

Lately, I've Been

I've been sipping:
~homemade Chai lattes and exquisitely delicious loose leaf Earl Gray tea.  A friend gave it to me and it's superb!

I've been reading:
~ The Book of John
Seeing John's perspective again is enough to make me read slowly and think a lot.  I especially enjoyed the first part of John 12, thinking about how Mary, Martha and Lazarus were all honoring Jesus in different ways.

~ The Book of Jonah
We've been studying this book in Ladies' Bible Study.  It's such a great reminder of redemption!  Jonah ran from what God wanted him to do and yet, God offered him another chance to obey.  He finally took it and was able to testify of God's mercy to the people of Ninevah.  It's refreshing to think about how God uses real, regular people in His plan, people just like you and me.

~ Along The Cane River series by Mary Jane Hathaway
Since I've been snatching so little time for recreational reading lately, I've fallen back on old favorites that never disappoint. Mary Jane's writing is top quality and the content is wholesome and uplifting.  Always a good choice!

I've been cooking:
~ White Chicken Enchiladas  This is a family favorite here and the girls were practically dancing when they saw it on the menu last night.

I've been noticing:
~ The signs of Autumn. Black walnuts scattered across rural roadways. Tassled corn that's crisply drying. Farmers starting their harvest field work. Pumpkins scattered around the garden.  Longer shadows. The cadence of crickets and katydids. Fall fragrances in the air.

I've been wearing:
~ Flannels!!!

I've been listening:
~ to Here Again by Elevation Worship.  It's my current favorite, especially since it reminds of PDYM Convention this past Spring.

I've been loving:
~ The Rugged Mountain Man's good reminders.  Sometimes I need an attitude adjustment and he's been gently encouraging me in those times.  Though sometimes it's painful to hear the truth, it's good to hear it gently so I can grow.

Hope you had a lovely Fall week,

Dominique