Friday, February 18, 2022

Valentine Fun

A beautiful mess.

This table was clean before the making of the Valentine mailboxes.  

It was very clean.  Even delightfully clean.


 I didn't really feel like I had time to facilitate Valentines boxes this year.  It just felt like too much.


But, they found their inspiration and told me the supplies that I needed to purchase, which basically amounted to millions of cotton balls and a dollar store trash can.  


After that, I just needed to make sure we saved boxes and milk jugs.


I was so glad we did it.  Amongst the mess, I enjoyed facilitating and directing their projects.  

The mess was worth it!  The extra details and time were worth it! 

While they were crafting, they reflected on the boxes they had created over the years.  I specifically remembered only a few of them, but they remembered so many more than I did.  

I'm reminding myself:

That's why we make the messes.
To make the memories.

This is true quality time here in the beautiful mess.

Glue guns, cotton balls, and paint.

And memories.


Check out these adorable Valentine shirts they crafted with Grandma last weekend.  Now, we are fully prepared for our traditional co-op class party.  

Behold the power of tradition!  

When we returned home, laden with candy, cards, random pencils, and creative treats, we said, 
"NOW, we feel like we had Valentine's Day."  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!