Friday, February 4, 2022

When the Drama Finds You

Why do I sweat the small stuff?  

I want to keep the big picture in my mind every moment of the day.  That seems like a lofty goal to attain to, but loving and living for Jesus reminds me daily that this life is about so much more.  

I hit "end" on what turned out to be a confrontational phone call.  I wasn't expecting it.  I could barely breathe.  I was struggling to keep my voice steady.  The emotional aftermath was the usual rush of tears, which I fought hard to keep in check. Because the confrontation was over a disagreement in one of my volunteer "side hustles."  

I think someone should have done something one way.  They think what they did was totally fine.  Now it means a boatload more work for me.  Time already allocated for other more important things and not for this.

The Blossoms are all around me.  I can't focus on any task.  They want to know what's wrong.  

Right now, I have friends who are battling through scary sickness.

I have family members who received horrible news from the doctor and are going through incredibly hard things.

I stepped out onto the porch, breathed deeply, and groaned aloud in frustration and anger.  The porch is sometimes my prayer closet.

And clarity crept in.

Despite my big, big feelings, this truly is a small, small thing.  

Dominique




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought or two!