Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy-Go-Lucky Little Ladies or Mini-Monsters 6

#6 - Be firm. The more tired or discouraged I get, I notice a change in how I speak to my Crew. I start to ask for obedience!! When I discovered this, I was shocked. I always was a firm baby-sitter back in my teenager days and I thought I was always firm and in charge as a Mommy. It's just something I've noticed creeping in the back door. And, I think (still working through this one) it leads to more power struggle. They think the Mommy position is available, so they lobby for it! Gah!!!! So, for example, "Are you ready for naptime?" Of course they aren't ready for naptime! Are you kidding me?!!! Playtime is way better in their mind! Rephrase, exercise self control with your words, and be firm. When you have a loving heart, firmness is right on. Firm voice, firm words and a loving heart all lead to more obedience in my opinion.