Friday, November 9, 2012

the Monkey Mommy?

One friend of mine, we’ll call her Monkey Mommy, is great at something Ephesians 4:29 describes.  “Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.”  I think you might say that she is good at edifying or building up others.  I have often been needy in a moment – downcast or weary in this Godly parenting race.  And, she has spoken to me.  I’ve walked away with the grace to obey God and keep persevering to raise Godly children.  She doesn’t always share an easy scripture with me. But somehow, she shares it so humbly that I can receive it and assimilate it into my heart.  She shares the things the Lord has shown her.  She shares the things she has struggled with and she responds with things the Holy Spirit leads her to say.  My journal has many encouraging words spoken from her mouth, that helped me to stay the course, to not give up, to not despair, to courageously obey the Lord and to fear God instead of man.  I’m thankful that the Monkey Mommy edifies the Body of Christ, according to the need of the moment.  Her words give grace to those of us who hear.