Friday, November 2, 2012

Mom

My mother.  What can I say?  She’s the reason I am the way I am.  And, that is every bit the compliment I intend it to be.  The way I serve God now, is because of her unceasing and tireless and relentless efforts year after year.  She is virtuous.  She.works.hard.   She is loving.  She has vision.  She sacrifices.  So many things come to mind when I think of her.  I must narrow it down though, at least for the sake of the post.  Check out Romans 12:13, “When God's people are in need, be ready to help them…”    This is it.  If anyone is in need, Mom is the person to help them out.  Anything from teaching people how to sew, make salsa or build furniture, to getting started homeschooling, offering a ride, lending a vehicle, training children, fixing stuff at the church, getting projects done… anything.  If God’s people are in need, Mom is always ready to help them.  She sacrifices her schedule on a daily basis, to help people.  It is often unappreciated.  It is even taken for granted in an annoying sort of way.  However, when she does stuff like this to the least of us, she does it to Christ.  So although people aren’t always as grateful as they ought to be, she just keeps helping people and putting her gifts and strengths out there for the taking.  I’m thankful for this example, for it truly never is convenient to help people.  She just keeps doing it though.  Thanks, Mom.