Friday, November 30, 2012

Sprout Time

I enjoyed the Thanksgiving holiday  - being around family, eating good food and just being thankful for our blessings.  To cap off our visit, the other day, all of the Blossoms, the Sprouts, the Mommies and Daddies and the Grammie and Pappy went out to eat.  The waitress brought our drink orders with a wry face and said, "I'm sorry, we're out of lidded cups for the little ones."  Full glasses for the Blossoms and Sprouts who vary in age as follows: 8yrs, 7yrs, 6yrs, 5yrs, almost 3 yrs and 2 1/2 yrs!  So, we Mommies did the best we could.  All was well for a while.  I turned around to hear the Sprout Mommy say to the youngest Sprout, "Use two - - - - SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH - - - hands!"  Water flooded the table, his pants and his chair.  The (guilty) littlest Sprout shouted, "TA-DAH!!!!!"  Evidently, he likes making a splash.

We just smiled and cleaned it up, being thankful it wasn't soda and chuckling over his humor.  I'm thankful for those moments that don't become embarrassing, frustrating, mad-at-a-child moments.  It just isn't worth it.  I love my little Nephew-Sprout.