Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Betty Crocker speaks

My week was barely started.  I still sat in bed with our sweet baby and my Kindle.  I checked my email to find a note from a good friend of mine that I like to call, "Betty Crocker."  (http://dominiquespeaks.blogspot.com/2012/10/betty-crocker.html)
It stated that she was praying for me for grace and strength for the day.  I was glad for it, but everything seemed even keel.  Then, I got up.  By 9:30 am, Sweet Pea was on her third outfit and THEN, I spent the rest of the morning on the phone battling with the insurance company... AND, trying to make three Blossoms behave during the phone calls.  By afternoon, I emailed Betty Crocker back and said that she was right on!  I needed her prayers and I was SO thankful for them.  The Holy Spirit must have prompted her to pray for me.  Later that week, she followed up with this email and I thought that all my Mommy friends out there would enjoy it.  She gave me permission to share.  So laugh on and lean on grace!

Hello!

Here's hoping your week calmed down to a dull roar and it did not continue like some of my "special" weeks from days of my little ones afoot. Well, they are still afoot somewhat- just bigger feet!
Some things I hope did not happen to you this week: Post-4 th child:
I hope that none of them hung out of their crib with their little legs grasping the railing and single/ handedly tore the wallpaper off half the room without leaving her crib, greeting you with a contagious grin as you happened upon her joyful redecorating activity.
I hope that none of them had a stomach virus and threw up all over the shag carpeting all night until you ran out of sheets that led to you weeping softly In the night.
And, I really hope, any child in diapers never, ever decides they are suddenly Picasso himself on the wall of their room using the contents of said diaper.
I miss those crazy yet simple days with my wee ones.
So here's to days of motherhood where we must always keep a sense of humor.  I believe it is a blessing of God to laugh!

Love,
Betty Crocker