Sunday, August 23, 2015

What Makes Up For It

I've been thinking about what the Blossoms will remember years from now.  I think we all concur that with parenting, the days are long, but the years are short.  By about 7-8pm, my Mommyometer has risen to levels not conducive to the happiness of those around me.  Inevitably, I start to think that the Blossoms will only remember a tired, cranky mama.  It's discouraging, to say the least.  I am not now, nor ever, excusing my behavior.  This is why I was ruminating on the whole thing.  I don't want them to think that tired crankiness is a normal and Godly way to be. 

"Am I doing right?"

"Am I doing enough?"

"I wouldn't want to be around me, if I were them!!!!"  (wail!)

Amidst my muddly puddle of sad discouragement, I felt like the Lord reminded me about love.  It covers a whole ton of sins.  You can be the most gifted person in the world and yet, without the missing ingredient (love), you're nothing.  On the flip side, love covers a lack of all the greatest skills and strategies imaginable.  I can funnel the love of God to my children as often as possible and it will make up for a whole lot.  My focus turned from my failures and weaknesses to mirroring God's love abundantly.  Love will make up for it all.  The Blossoms will remember love.