Friday, August 7, 2015

This week

I think you all remember that the Fair is a pretty big deal here.  We don't camp there for the week (yet), though I certainly understand each family's reasoning for doing so.


It's been such a busy week, supervising the Blossoms' Fair pursuits.  Blossom1 worked hard.  I mean, hard.  She's done tons of research, organizing facts and such.  Wow.  I'm impressed.  I've stepped in when she was stuck and encouraged when she was tired, but she did these projects, all by herself.  I told her how I her perseverance was so amazing.  She hoped that it would pay off at the Fair (maybe it will).  But, even if it doesn't, I shared that God sees and He always rewards hard work and perseverance.  It's the bigger lesson I always want the girls to learn.  Man doesn't always reward, but God always sees and He rewards. 


Blossom2 was working on cataloging, classifying and organizing her growing rock collection in order to take it to the Fair.  Her perseverance in doing that (seemingly mundane) task, was amazing to me too.  I was so thrilled to see that type of self-directed education going on.  I mean, the girl is delving in to adult level rock books to find out what she wants to know.  I now understand what my mother had to go through when she let us have drawers full of rocks in our closet. 

I've been working on getting things in order to make sure the upcoming week is a smooth one.  I don't want us to eat junk all week and I want the house to stay clean amongst all the busyness.  When you're making a minimum of two trips to the fairgrounds every day for nine days, it can be tricky. 

The Fair is such an inspiration ~ so much science, so many animals, so many ideas, so many 4-H projects to consider in the future and so many people that are willing to answer questions and share their knowledge.  We're looking forward to soaking it all in.


As you can see, the Blossoms haven't been only working this week.  They've been on another Little House on the Prairie kick.  "Mary, Laura, Grace and Carrie" have bonnets all over the house.  Good wholesome fun!