Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Happy is Free

On Sunday as I supervised snack with my nursery helpers, every little person was munching away on their PB&J's, fishie crackers and Teddy Grahams.  After emptying a box of Birthday Cake Teddy Grahams (if you haven't tried 'em, you should), I collapsed the box to toss in the recycling.  On my way toward the door, I turned to one of the little people (who just so happens to be my nephew) and lightly tapped him on the head with it, while simultaneously saying, "Boop!"  Of course, he grinned and giggled.  I stopped, mid-stride, turned, tapped another little person on the head (who also happened to be my nephew - what can I say, I'm really blessed to be able to have my own children and my nephews in the nursery, along with the children of people I grew up with.  #smallchurchlove).  Of course, the little man giggled and grinned! 

"Hmmm, I'm on to something here," I thought. 

I turned again, lightly tapped another little person on the head and proclaimed a loud, "Ding-dong."  GRINS and GIGGLES were spreading like crazy by this point.  For at least five minutes, we "dinged," "donged" and "booped" with the Teddy Grahams box and there was SO.MUCH.JOY.

Laughter is good, good medicine, even for Little People.

Remember, Mamas, happy is free.  You can smile, laugh, play and be silly and it won't cost you a dime.  Take a minute, tickle a belly, make a sound effect or make up a little game. 

We need to put the brakes on the pace our society demands from us and take the time to truly interact with the little Blessings around us. 


Dominique