Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Hello friends,

I hope you haven't been worried about us.  My absence is mostly related to us being technologically crippled right now.  We're limping along with a few Kindle tablets and a laptop dug out of the basement and the Dark Ages.  #blah  #thankGoditsonlyafirstworldproblem

You already know how busy we were and then we journeyed to the cabin for some serious rest and relaxation.  The cabin is where we do "nothing."  And by "nothing," I mean sit on the porch, "slop" in the creek, play tag or catch toads.  It was GLORIOUS nothing.  We threw off the cares that accumulate in this world.  I found myself reveling in the solitude and delighting in the family time.  It's a cool season that we're in - family games of tag and such.  Yes, yes, YES!!! 

Tomorrow the Rugged Mountain Man and I celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary.  I am in awe.  I love my husband now more than ever.  It's such a blessing to look back and see the fruits of steadily and faithfully loving each other.  Don't tell anyone, I'm going to attempt my neighbor's trusty Baklava recipe.  Shhhhh.  Blossom4 already very sweetly told Daddy what Mommy got him.  And Daddy thinks it's just the cutest thing ever that she was caught digging through my closet so that she could find it and show him. 

Blossom1 celebrated her 11th birthday not long ago as well.  Can it be that I've been a mama for 11 years already?  Reflecting on those years takes me straight to the grace of God.  It is a daily grace for this mama gig.  Blossom1 is a sweet little girl, growing into a young lady.  When I was overwhelmed today and realized I still needed to pack some lunches, she replied with, "Don't worry, mama, I'll do the lunches."  And she did.  Thank you, God.

Alright, I'm trying not to burn the Chicken Alfredo AND manage this prehistoric laptop's antics at the same time.  I'll sign off for now. 

Blessings!