Monday, September 26, 2016

Emulate Your Kids

Our Blossoms have some beautiful qualities.  There's a good work going on inside of me as I remind myself of them.

 
That's what I've been doing this weekend.  In much the same way that I count my blessings,
I've been listing off the girlies' good qualities to no one in particular except myself. 


Moms see everything, especially all the character flaws,
all the mama copycat (bad) habits 
and all the nature of Adam comin' out. 
 
Being with your kids 24/7 lets you see it all. 

 
I'm not complaining. 
 
One of the reasons I love homeschooling is that I am with the girlies 24/7,
but that's another post for another day. 


I just don't want to let the negative things drown out the good. 


I want to be more like our girls. 

 
They smile (a lot). 

 
They are delighted with life. 

 
They dream. 

 
They are real. 


They think God is big.

 
They ask good questions.

 
They are game.

 
They are blessings. 
 
And I am humbled to strive to be more like our daughters.
 
 
 
All pics from our Colonial Williamsburg trip