Thursday, August 24, 2017

Fifteen Years

Today, fifteen years ago, I married the Rugged Mountain Man.

I have never regretted that decision.


Many marriages posts are so gushy, that they seem to get all up in your face.  The older I get, the more I shy away from that.  I can get gushy on my man, but no need to blab it to everyone, right?  Likely, the Rugged Mountain Man's preference for privacy has rubbed off on me over the years.  Hopefully I've also become more sensitive to whether or not something classifies as boasting.  Boasting benefits no one.


The Lord led us together.  There's no other explanation for a Wisconsin born girl who lived in Texas for seven years to eventually cross paths with a man who was born and schooled in Pennsylvania. 

Together we marvel at His beautiful orchestration of our lives.


The Lord shaped the Rugged Mountain Man's character into the rugged, dogged and faithful person I admire today.  Surely the prayers of his grandmothers and mother and the presence of his father were instrumental in this.  


I don't mention "rugged" only in reference to his physicality.  The Rugged Mountain Man's faith is strong, tough and capable of enduring hardship.  

I marvel at his Godliness, his patience and his wisdom.  
I reflect on his love and I whisper in wonder, "What hath God wrought?!"

Look at this man God has made.



Surely this is the fruit of years of God's own mighty handiwork.

And I'm humbly grateful.


Dominique

Pictures from our vacation at the cabin and another local state park.  Believe it or not, the above photo was not staged or arranged in any way.