Monday, August 28, 2017

Front Porch Sittin'

It was a busy weekend.  I realize that we experience very few that aren't.  I mean, four children, two dogs and a plethora of animals live here on our "micro farm."  When will it not be busy with good, honest work?!


I'm looking back on the weekend and all I can think of is how blessed I am by being able to bless people.

There were the friends who dropped in Friday afternoon.  Two different friends for two different reasons.  The Blossoms and I were left thankful for those little interactions.  Just some conversation and some laughter that may have brightened their days and yet, we walked away blessed.



Saturday dawned bright and beautiful with another opportunity to bless a fellow mama in the trenches.  I'm purposely not sharing details here.  I mean, remember that passage about not letting your right hand know what your left hand is doing?  It's one of the pitfalls of social media.  It's all too easy to share all the good you're doing and in blabbing that, totally forfeit the blessing God had for you.  There's so much out there that really oughta stay just between me and God.  It's not about all the accolades and "atta-girls."

I like the simplicity that I remember from my childhood ~ learning to do the right thing, with a happy heart, just because deep in your heart, you want to.

Sunday afternoon found us doing some serious "front porch sittin'," both blessing folks and being blessed.  More laughter and more conversation.

I always muse over the week and weekend come Sunday evening.  I like to soak in what's going on in my life, the themes and the message God is trying to get across to me.



We are vessels, filled up to overflowing with the Spirit, meant to be poured out and into the lives of others.  Ultimately, we find that in serving others, so much blessing actually comes our way.

I'd been filled up, because I'd reached out.

I reveled in this sweet blessing, remembering that blessing someone else isn't about the praises that reach our ears, it is truly experiencing joy in service.