Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Vignettes and Sun Tea with Me

When I went outside the other day, I took a few minutes to snap some pics of some of my current favorite vignettes.  You know, the little good things that make me smile, but I don't normally think to capture for you.  I wanted to share them, along with a few snippets of what might come up in conversation if we sat together on my porch swing.  Perhaps you'd like a glass of sun tea while we chat?


Right now I'm excited:
Blossom3 gave me a squeeze the other day and told me that I've been so nice the past couple of days.  If that isn't humbling, I don't know what is.  You're familiar with some of my previously shared parenting struggles here  The encouraging note in her comment was that she said it during a week rife with Fair preparations, so I knew that the Lord has truly been helping me make some positive changes in my interactions with the girlies ~ more affirmation, more one-on-one time, more smiles, more slowing down.  Thank God for progress.  Mamas, we CAN be Godly, with His help and grace!


We're busy too:
Now we're getting ready for vacation!  We've been looking forward to it all summer, since the cabin is one of our most favorite places on Earth.  I'm excited about the big chunks of family time and the time away from "civilization."  


I'm thankful:
I'm still relishing the good week we had at the Fair.  I do believe that the Lord's hand is on all parts of our lives, so I thank Him when that is evident in little AND big ways.  I really think we were able to be a witness there and that's what I'm most grateful for!


And what have I been reading lately?
Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell.  It's one of my favorites and I've been zipping through it since some off-handed reference sent me looking for it on my tablet the other day.  I also picked up Leaving Liberty by Virginia Carmicheal.  It's another clean and uplifting read by a favorite author.


I thoroughly enjoyed The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James.  It's a fictional account of Jane Austen's life, written with superb Austen-esque accuracy and style.  If you're a Pride and Prejudice fan, just grab this to quelch your Austen craving for the day.


Aside from reading the book of Deuteronomy, I've been meandering around a bit in I Corinthians 12-14.  The thing that caught my eye is "love bears all things" in I Corinthians 13.  Oh man, that is SO convicting!  That gives me enough to focus on for the next three months.  Do I bear all things because of love?  If I'm truly operating through love, I will bear all things and bear them differently!!  


Thanks for having sun tea with me!

Dominique