Friday, December 1, 2017

Bathed in Pink Light

On the morning of our Jake's Cakes craft show, the sunrise was glorious; bathing our ordinary landscape in mystical pink light.  It was a surprise blessing on a morning that could've been brutal. 


Counting blessings is like that.  

The Rugged Mountain Man's alarm clock went off at 4 am so he could venture out to hunt bears, or "hunt bear," as they say around here.  The alarm clock worked, for him and for me.  Craft show day is long enough as it is, without rising an hour and a half before it is necessary, but I rolled with it as best as I could.  Of course, the little Blossoms woke up a full hour earlier than usual, whether because their Mommy radar was functioning in fine form or because they were super excited about the craft show.  Honestly, it was probably a bit of both.  

Stay calm, mama.  

There are a million little things that can derail a day - an unwanted alarm clock, littles rising too early, you name it.  But why do I let those things derail my attitude?  I still have a choice.

Mornings are like standing at a crossroads.  

I can literally see myself at the fork in the road.

Will I gripe, pity and complain, letting my attitude take our day down the tubes.  Or, will I choose a Godly attitude?  Will I revel in contentment?  Will I grab joy?  Will I really notice the blessings?  The sunrises, the snuggles, the million tiny little blessings that make up 24 hours of living for Him.